Re: Closing the openpgp working group

2008-03-06 15:32:35

Sam,

Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf(_at_)MIT(_dot_)EDU> writes:

Hi, folks.  Back in January Derek started a thread on a new charter.
That never really came to any conclusion.  I had given Derek a
deadline to produce a charter that is well past.  So, I'm going to
close the openpgp working group.

If people ever do get a concrete proposal together, please don't
hesitate to contact the security ADs at the time this happens and
propose a new working group.

The fact that it didn't come to conclusion is just a result of
my not driving the process enough.  There's clearly work that
people want to get done, including active development in:

  ECC
  v5 Keys
  OpenPGP in TLS

Indeed, we've had lots of discussion in the past couple weeks.

Sam, you did give me until the end of January and it's now March.
Clearly I'm just not on the ball here, but I do think there's
enough work to warrant keeping the group open.

Can I get one more week to come up with a proposed charter?

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com