Re: More on the closing of the OpenPGP WG

2008-03-11 11:31:03

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 02:21:46PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:

Hi,

I sat down with Sam, Tim, and Pasi yesterday to talk about this.
Basically, it's still possible to have a "standards track" document
without a working group.  They still need to go through an IETF
Last Call but the AD can sponsor the draft (instead of having a
WG Group).  So long as the drafts are not very contentious (which
MOST of our proposed work is), we can just continue to drafts
as individual submissions and an AD (Tim?) could sponsor that
once we have rough consensus on this list.

[..]

Please let me know how you feel about this.

I think that is just fine, and thanks for working this out.

I have a minor process question though: I've done a couple of Camellia
drafts as "draft-ietf-openpgp-camellia".  Do I need to convert that to
"draft-shaw-openpgp-camellia" (i.e. an individual submission) and
re-submit?

David