Re: Ready for Camellia?

2008-03-17 14:25:46

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 01:17:10PM -0700, Jon Callas wrote:

I just thought of another reason to leave Camellia-192 out: if we
leave it out and then change our minds, it's pretty easy to add it
later (just write a tiny RFC and get an algorithm number for it).  If
we do put it in now and then change our minds, it's nearly impossible
to get rid of it later.

As much as I think that 192-bit encryption is stupid, many people have
impressed upon me reasons it exists, none of which are technical.

I grit my teeth and hold my nose as I say this, but we have to have it.

Ok, it's a mild ugliness, but it isn't actually harming anything.
I'll rev the draft and add it.

David