Re: [openpgp] Another candidate pgp wg item: Media type

2015-04-14 15:21:43
On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 20:59, dominik(_at_)dominikschuermann(_dot_)de said:

model. So what MIME type should now be used to share this encrypted
blob? Following the RFC3156 we use "application/octet-stream" but
that's really unspecific. Recall that we are using no ASCII armor here.

Okay, so your comments are about PGP/MIME.  I assumed you were talking
about

  5.9.  Literal Data Packet (Tag 11)
     [...]
     - A one-octet field that describes how the data is formatted.

where we discussed to add an 'm' format to describe that the content is
a MIME message.

If you want to indicate that the content is some OpenPGP data you should
use the the MIME types "application/pgp-encrypted" etc. along with the
above suggested format specifier.  You can of course do the same at the
outer level.

What needs to be changed for this?

Updating PGP/MIME to avoid the required multipart/encrypted container is
a topic we should discuss.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner