Re: [openpgp] Another candidate pgp wg item: Media type

2015-04-14 12:06:44
On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 19:24, dominik(_at_)dominikschuermann(_dot_)de said:

The problem here is that Android does not allow to set a Content-Type
when sharing data between applications. A MIME type however is the
most preferred way of indicating the type of data that is being

So what is the problem for an OpenPGP parser to do that on the decrypted
and de-mimed plaintext?  Why inventing another mechanism when we already
have a matured one.

Assume your suggestion is added: Soon after that someone else may
request that license information is important enough that it needs to go
into OpenPGP.  We would end up with our own meta data system.  With MIME
all that is instantly available.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner