Re: [openpgp] saltpack on OpenPGP message format problems

2016-02-10 13:54:39
On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 17:06:41 +0100,
Stephen Paul Weber wrote:
      4. PGP ASCII armor isn't friendly to modern apps and phones.

Couldn't we just say "PGP is binary, encode however you like"?  In
email we have transport encodings, and so do most other reasonable
places.  The only real use for ASCII armor anymore is in "clearsign"
context when posting a plain text file that contains the signature,
etc.

I disagree.  If you are being really paranoid, then you don't want to
use OpenPGP from an email client.  Instead, you write your message
using something like vi, encrypt it from the command line, and then
copy and paste the result into your mail client.  Then you are certain
that your mail was encrypted and that you don't accidentally send an
unencrypted draft, etc.

:) Neal