Re: [openpgp] saltpack on OpenPGP message format problems

2016-02-10 17:33:36
Hi,

On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 00:24:53 +0100,
Vincent Breitmoser wrote:
Instead, you write your message using something like vi, encrypt it
from the command line, and then copy and paste the result into your
mail client.  Then you are certain that your mail was encrypted and
that you don't accidentally send an unencrypted draft, etc.

If you want to work around your e-mail client, how about an encrypted
attachment?

As I responded to Stephen, I think copy and pasting is more robust.

If you're still not convinced, then replace command line use of gpg
with GPA (the GNU Privacy Assistant).  GPA is a simple GUI that allows
a user to write a message in a notepad-like editor, press encrypt and
then copy and paste the message.  As I understand it, there are some
legitimately scared people who rely on GPA to prevent mistakes.
Complicating the work flow by requiring them to save to disk and then
load a file would be bad for them.

:) Neal