Re: [openpgp] saltpack on OpenPGP message format problems

2016-02-21 11:03:41
On 12/02/2016 17:06 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
  As others have mentioned, there are
definitely reasons to keep *an* ascii armor format, especially for
key/certificate transit (ala an x509 csr/crt submission/retrieval).

An additional use is the signature in cleartext signed documents, and incorporating the keys into cleartext signed documents so that they carry the documents can carry own PKI.

iang

ps; personal bias - above pattern is what I do, and/or was a key requirement for my work - but I'm not arguing to keep it for personal reasons as I moved away from using OpenPGP for this purpose some time ago.