Re: [openpgp] Fingerprint requirements for OpenPGP

2016-04-12 20:01:12
I have not heard anyone arguing that we don't need some form of fingerprint that can be typed into a computer for comparison. (Several have argued that eyeball comparison is error prone.)

Well, typing random data is error prone too. Perhaps we should have some form of check digit(s) so the program processing the type in can flag bad data entry and not confuse it with fingerprint match failure.

Cheers - Bill