Re: [openpgp] Fingerprint requirements for OpenPGP

2016-04-12 12:20:32
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 16:38, derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com said:

I would argue that (b) is more important than (a).  Your use-case (a)
sounds more like a DB Handle, so arguably it should be elided because

(a) is required to lookup a key for a signature.  Sure this could also
be done using mail address included in the signature.  But a fingerprint
can work even if a mail provider re-assigns a mail address (assuming the
mail provider uses OpenPGP DANE or PKA).

Right now a signature includes only a keyid but for rfc4880bis we will
add a new subpacket for the fingerprint.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner