Re: [openpgp] Default preferences for the future

2017-03-21 02:18:19
On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 23:11, ryru(_at_)addere(_dot_)ch said:

For RFC4880bis[0] in section 14.2. {13.2.} it's planned to stick with
TripleDES as least common denominator preference for a symmetric

Nope, that is for sure not the case.  We are incrementally reworking
RFC-4880 and have not yet reached the algorithm selection.  I merely
started that with my proposal to make SHA-256 mandatory.

Frankly, there are more important and controversial things to do than
the algorithm selection.

Thanks for your reminder.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner