Re: [openpgp] Default preferences for the future

2017-03-22 13:43:19
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 16:00, mdb(_at_)juniper(_dot_)net said:

I do worry a little bit that we are adding more flexibility than we need
today which could make it more painful for all implementations to
properly interoperate.

I can understand that.  But for sure people will ask for those algo ids
and eventually the IETF will assign them anyway.  Thus we save
discussion here in the WG and move that to the implementers which now
need to explain why they do not want to support SHA3.

Interoperability is only an issue for signed-only documents because for
encryption we use the preference system.  These problems are not much
different than the status quo.

I won't insist on having the SHA3 code points, though.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner