Re: [openpgp] Deprecating compression support

2019-03-23 12:07:45
So can we change GnuPG to default-preference Uncompressed?

Jon Callas:
To address your point, as I said in my long missive, you can do this today. No changes are needed to the protocol. All you have to do is put a compression preference on your key that says no compression, and then you won’t get compression. (Well, to be completely correct, if someone compresses then they’re non-compliant to the standard.) Repeating myself, I support and encourage implementations to do that by default.

--
ilf

If you upload your address book to "the cloud", I don't want to be in it.