Re: [openpgp] Deprecating compression support

2019-03-27 05:46:51
Hi Andre,

On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 14:17:53 +0100,
Andre Heinecke wrote:
On Wednesday 20 March 2019 14:14:49 CET Vincent Breitmoser wrote:
Is your point that you would want to keep compression as a feature in those
applications, hence removing it from OpenPGP would mean you'd have to keep
it
around unstandardized / on a different layer?

Exactly. The User Experience of Kleopatra on Windows is that you right click
folder and encrypt that folder. You need compression there.
Currently it is standardized. You propose to remove the standard so it will
be
unstandartized and no longer interoperable.

You talk about encrypting a folder.  So I assume you mean multiple
files.  As far as I know, 4880 doesn't support this out of the box.
For instance, an OpenPGP message can only have one literal data
packet:

Are you using some container format?  PGP/Mime with multiple
attachments?  Something else?

Thanks,

Neal