Re: [openpgp] AEAD Chunk Size

2019-04-12 08:47:27
[ sorry for coming at this late -- I've been traveling ]

"brian m. carlson" <sandals(_at_)crustytoothpaste(_dot_)net> writes:

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 07:19:39PM -0700, Jon Callas wrote:
Like some interim replies, particularly Bart Butler, I thought we
had a rough consensus and that it was approximately:

* MUST support 16KB chunks.
* SHOULD support 256K chunks, as these are common (Protonmail).
* MAY support larger up to the present very large size.
* MAY reject or error out on chunks larger than 16KB, but repeating
ourselves, SHOULD support 256K.

I think this is fine. It covers what's requires for interoperability, it
makes prudent suggestions, and it allows people leeway if they know
they're the only one consuming their data.

+1.  I support this proposal.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com