Re: [openpgp] v5 in the crypto-refresh draft

2021-06-06 10:31:07
On Sun, 6 Jun 2021, Peter Gutmann wrote:

If folks really want to re-litigate it,

Oh, I don't want to re-do the whole debate but was more thinking that the
draft should provide a rationale for why -1 was dropped in favour of -256,
both to explain to implementers and users who aren't on the mailing list what
properties are and aren't required for fingerprints, and to provide guidance
in the future when it's decided to move off -256 to something else.

We are happy to accept such proposed text, please send it to the list :)

Paul