Re: regarding new working groups

2000-11-09 17:26:35
Agreed.  It's nice when service providers find that their own
economic interests don't conflict with their customers', but
that's nothing to bank on.  For this forum, what we can do is
to have requirements for API's that allow user/publisher configuration
of policy options (and to define the embodiment of those
options).

Hilarie

Mark Nottingham <mnot(_at_)akamai(_dot_)com> 11/09/00 05:16PM >>>

I agree with the sentiment, but not that ISPs represent consumers'
interests; generally, I find that they represent their own, with consumers'
as a distant second. Especially regarding caching.