RE: Request for Comment: Elapsed-Time as Event in OPES/ICAP

2001-04-02 15:42:41
Lily:

        1. Yes.

        2. However, there is no hard limit to number of users per bucket.  It
just
works out that for 1000 users there are 25 per bucket.

        3. Are you suggesting that the proxylet would be employed to evaluate
every
request and measure the time, then create a call-out when the time is right?

Derek

-----Original Message-----
From: Yang, Lily L [mailto:lily(_dot_)l(_dot_)yang(_at_)intel(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 3:36 PM
To: 'Derek Maxson, Front Porch'
Cc: ietf-openproxy(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: Request for Comment: Elapsed-Time as Event in OPES/ICAP

Derek --
Let me make sure that I understand what you meant here --
By splitting the users into 40 groups (bucket), we treat two IPs falling
into one bucket as the same, so effectively it it like the problem of
handling 40 unique users. Is it right?
So what you want to achieve is -- For every 15 seconds, only IPs falling
into one group would be redirected for up to 25 connections?
Is it correct?

If so, then an unconditional rule is applied to fire up a local
proxylet and
all the above logic is wrapped inside that proxylet. Only when redirection
(or whatever service in your mind) is determined necessary, the
remote call
out service is fired. In that case a new header is added in the
proxylet to
trigger the remote callout service in the second rule.

Is this what you had in mind?

Lily