RE: Request for Comment: Elapsed-Time as Event in OPES/ICAP

2001-04-02 16:10:57
That's a very plausible approach.  If we could: 1. designate groups, 2.
designate times for redirection for each group.  It is a different method
but would it seems that it would accomplish the same end result.

Derek

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Hofmann [mailto:hofmann(_at_)bell-labs(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:06 PM
To: Derek Maxson
Cc: Yang, Lily L; ietf-openproxy(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Request for Comment: Elapsed-Time as Event in OPES/ICAP

Derek,

Another method of doing this would be a rule-writer that could write
individual IP rules for all the users in these buckets:

Hm, that could be quite complex and I'm not yet convinced that
dynamically creating and deleting large number of rules in an
autometed way is the way to go.

I somehow like the proposal that Andre had ("Another approach would be
to forward user requests based on the systemtime. For instance, for a
certain group of users all requests could be forwarded to the ICAP
server between :00 and :05, between :15 and :20, between :30 and :35
etc."). Any drawback to that solution?

-Markus