Re: iCAP Issues at OPES Workshop

2001-05-31 14:56:50
Jeremy Elson wrote:
Right now we're working in advance of the midterm OPES meeting to get
a new draft out based on feedback we've gotten, and it has some
recommendations for OPTIONS.  But, I suspect that many options will be
service-specific and defined by the application.

Another approach may be to leave these service-specific requirements out
of scope for iCAP and use a general service description language (e.g.
OMML) to specify service characteristics like supported callout
protocol, preferred preview size, what parts of the original message may
get modified etc.

This would be very helpful in environments that support local and remote
services as well as different callout protocols.

-Andre