Re: iCAP, OPES and the IETF

2001-06-05 12:45:13
OPES has had two BoFs already with no IESG action. As far as I can tell, the IESG is more interested in shutting groups down in the apps area at the moment. By "unlikely in the near future", I therefore mean "in time to have a WG meeting at London".

Buts lets try to separate the two issues (as Ian did somewhat better than I).

Documenting iCAP v1.0 as Information now has zero impact on OPES. OPES is still free, as the charter states, to examine iCAP and determine if development of iCAP is the appropriate path for OPES services. (It may or may not be - that is for the WG to decide).

So, even if OPES is chartered before London, I think we still need to submit iCAP v1.0 as Informational. I have not yet seen any compelling argument not to do this.

John