Re: Efficacy of rule specification, processing

2001-06-12 18:26:48

"Yang, Lily L" wrote:

Do we want to go that way? I would say no for now. Lets start simple.

Absolutely - "as simple as possible but not simpler". And that's
exactly what we're currently trying to figure out - how simple is
still acceptable.

To start, let's try to answer the simple question I posted previously:
Assume we've the same service available locally (i.e. on the OPES box)
as well as remotely (i.e. on a remote callout server). Now, do we want
to be able to do something like "if the load on the local system is
above a certain threshold, call the remote service, otherwise use the
local service"?

Just want to get a feeling whether people believe that this would be a
requirement that we've to deal with in the OPES framework, or whether
these things (here: load balancing) are completely separate. Notice -
we're NOT (yet) asking for solutions on how to solve this within OPES,
but just whether we need to solve this within OPES (or maybe that's
handle independently and separately).

Comments?

-Markus