RE: Efficacy of rule specification, processing

2001-06-12 19:42:18

Requirements generated by these state variables are that every box claiming
the "OPES stamp" will have to provide the functionality, e.g. my proxy/cache
device suddenly must also be able to check and monitor network conditions,
CPU & I/O load, ...

If needed by the group may be we can start with a limited set of variables
like local system load. But this will also require a change to the rule
language to support arithmetic expression, otherwise we could use regexp but
limit to some keywords.

Can we hear from people building systems like proxy/cache or other ?

Thanks
Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: Gamze Seckin [mailto:Gamze(_dot_)Seckin(_at_)luxxon(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 4:39 PM
To: Markus Hofmann; Yang, Lily L
Cc: Maciocco, Christian; ietf-openproxy(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Efficacy of rule specification, processing

I guess streaming people already know that dynamic
adjustments can be done through the streaming server and
there is actually no need for an intermediary. However if
there are rules that make life easier and standards based, why not?

Anyway regarding state parameters may be we can discuss possibilities:
1- local system load (i guess many agree on that)
2- call-out server load ?
3- end-device-to- local system bw ?
4- local system -to- call-out server bw ?
5- ?

Gamze Seckin, Ph.D.
Luxxon Corporation
www.luxxon.com