Re: iCAP, OPES and the IETF - resend

2001-06-14 16:01:47

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 06:26:44PM +0200, John Martin wrote:

At 04:04 PM 13/06/01 -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
But that doesn't answer my question.  Are you planning on submitting
draft-elson-opes-icap-01.txt to the RFC editor as a representation of
the iCAP protocol?

No. We are currently editing that draft to produce a new version. This new
version will (of course) be sent around a number of places before we sent
it (possibly corrected after this review) to the RFC editor. I believe that
ths will be a fair representation of the iCAP protocol, as implemented.

Oh, okay, that removes my objections then.  Just to be clear, it is IETF
policy (or at least general practice) that the current draft be published
in the Internet Drafts repository for at least two weeks before asking
that it be forwarded to the RFC editor.  Otherwise, nobody can know what
is being forwarded, which makes it hard to evaluate to the spec.

....Roy