Re: OPES Agenda for IETF 52

2001-12-03 01:01:12

Given later comments on this list regarding the model document, I think
this agenda need some changes. I.e. people on this mailing list seems to
not understand the importance of the IAB document.

After this BOF, this wg MUST have a charter which makes _everyone_ in the
IAB and IESG comfortable.

Given that charter, the wg chairs are to define what documents are to be
delivered, when etc.

I will personally not be present in Salt Lake City unfortunately, but
Leslie Daigle and Sally Floyd have at this meeting my token as IESG member,
and not only IAB one, and can aswell as Ned make statements as co-Area
Director for Applications Area. I.e. they will talk instead of me. It is up
to Sally and Leslie to sort out to what extent they present as IAB members,
and hold my token as co-chair of Applications Area.

Part from Ned and Leslie/Sally, several IAB and IESG members will be
present at the meeting.

So, I suggest a charter like the following:

 Open Pluggable Edge Services BOF (opes)
 =======================================
 Tuesday, December 11 at 0900-1130

 AGENDA:

 1. Administrative matters
     1.1 Selection of minute-taker
     1.2 Circulation of sign-up sheets
     1.3 Agenda bashing
         [5 min]

 2. Discussion of IAB Considerations for OPES
     draft-iab-opes-01.txt (now informal RFC)
     [S. Floyd, L. Daigle - as much time as needed]

 3. Discussion on charter given outcome of discussion of 2.

 4. Conclusion of the meeting.

If you manage to still be a coherent group with _one_ view of what you
should do at this point in time, of course the chairs of the meeting can
choose to do whatever they want. Discuss other things, close the meeting
and go for an early lunch or whatever.

Conclusion, messages on this list after the agenda from Markus was posted
show that members of this group do not understand the status of this group
in the IETF, and because of this the agenda should be like the above.

      paf

--On 01-11-30 19.28 -0500 Markus Hofmann <hofmann(_at_)bell-labs(_dot_)com>