RE: Tentative OPES Agenda for IETF 53

2002-03-12 13:38:16
Just to get back to my original point, there is a significant amount of
"good stuff" in the two drafts for the OPES chartered work items *as OPES is
currently chartered*.  Hope we can use some of it.

(And the personalizaton BOF is a good idea.  Anyone ready to organize it for
IETF 54?)

Regards,
Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Jayanth Mysore [mailto:Jayanth(_dot_)Mysore(_at_)motorola(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 3:23 PM
To: Condry Michael W.
Cc: Jayanth Mysore; Penno, Reinaldo [SC9:T327:EXCH]; jgw(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com;
Knight,
Paul [BL60:1A00:EXCH]; OPES Group; ned.freed-mrochek.com
Subject: Re: Tentative OPES Agenda for IETF 53

Fully agreed. Let's not do anything to change the charter after all the
effort. All I wished to state was
that it might not hurt to hear what the group thinks about the topic of
personalization, and if there is a need to change the OPES architecture to
accomodate it, consider doing so.

I would certainly find it incorrect to recharter the OPES WG for the sake of
a single application model.

cheers,
Jayanth

"Condry, Michael W." wrote:

 I feel you need to discuss this with the chair and the area director.

I stand by my original position because the personalization area has many
more complexities that are no were near OPES.  It is an application that
OPES needs to consider. It is NOT well enough standardized and accepted in
the market to impact the charter of the working group. Its been tough enough
to get that charter to happen, lets stick with the goals!

Why not request a BOF on personalization