Re: Tentative OPES Agenda for IETF 53

2002-03-12 13:29:31

Item #3 in the list below was all that I was looking for... Regards John

Ian Cooper wrote:

--On Tuesday, March 12, 2002 11:10 -0800 "Condry, Michael W." <condry(_at_)intel(_dot_)com> wrote:

I do not believe you read what I wrote.

I am not objecting to personalization.

I do believe that OPES protocols will consider the needs of
personalization as one applications area.

I also believe there are many other aspects to personalization than suit
OPES's charter.

Language translation, shopping assistant, picture transcodeing, stream
re-coding, these are all applications that will benefit from the OPES
architecture. But I do not expect they are on the OPES working group
agenda.

Right. These are applications of the technology to accomplish specific tasks. All need to be considered within the architecture of the system being created, but none seem like things this working group should be addressing as specific work items.