RE: Tentative OPES Agenda for IETF 53

2002-03-12 11:58:49
Hello Michael,

I second John's email. Personalization has a lot to do with OPES.
Personalization in relation to OPES have a lot of interested parties as you
can see based on the two drafts we produced. You can say it's not on the
immediate charter but it is something we should pursue without a doubt.

Moreover, when you talk about endpoint authorization, the everlasting
question (that we discussed ad nauseum in PANA)  is: are you talking about
the device or the user? In the case of OPES you are surely talking about the
user, since the authorization needs to be given on a per user basis.

In this case you can say that OPES is by definition a personalized service.

thanks,

Reinaldo

-----Original Message-----
From: John G. Waclawsky [mailto:jgw(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 9:46 AM
To: Condry, Michael W.
Cc: Knight, Paul [BL60:1A00:EXCH]; OPES Group
Subject: Re: Tentative OPES Agenda for IETF 53

Could you expand a little on why you do not consider personalization an OPES
item? At a minimum I believe it is strongly related because opes could
provide new ways of accomplishing it.    Regards  John

Condry, Michael W. wrote:

IMHO Personalization is an interesting topic area but not an OPES item in my
opinion. Clearly I was interested in this area!

It would be useful to extract the key observations made and discuss them on
the mailing list/working group.