[ OPES architecture] Final Points of Discussion: Tracing

2002-05-22 06:58:52
Graham and all,

I am providing a summary of the current position and feedback.
This will be points that we try to get agreement on.

1. endpoint-user must be able to access OPES diagnostic
   information using legacy s/w.
2. have no problem with protocol extensions being available to
   facilitate access to the information.
3. not opposed to using In-band information even if it means extensions
4. keeping a log could be quite sufficient
5. having out of band access from one endpoint or the other is a far better
   outcome than having none
6. (From mark baker) No need to standardize on a callout protocol.

Here I propose that we start a new thread where each point is discussed and
get solved.

abbie