RE: [ OPES architecture] Final Points of Discussion: Tracing

2002-05-23 11:51:41

1. Referring to the "coloring schema" proposed in part 3.1
I'd suggest to limit notification requests by the area
of the requesting party color. If the company or school
administrator stops sport news and banner ads he/she has
full right to do so - and has no obligation to report
internal network settings nor to news media nor to
advertisers.

Attempt to mandate otherwise will just result in
limiting OPES applicability area or in proprietary
modifications that may be more dangerous to security
and privacy than controlled standardized provisions.

2. "Coloring schema": I see a problem in starting
authority propagation from the data consumer or initial
data provider.

In company/school/library case final data consumer has
no authority, in CDN case authority is delegated to
the CDN distribution points.

I'd suggest to have a separate "start of authority"
points for the color propagation.

Oskar