Re: [ OPES architecture] Final Points of Discussion: Tracing

2002-05-23 09:47:26

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 12:55:03AM +0100, Graham Klyne wrote:
Regarding 6:  contrary to the wording below, I now see, and agree, the
desirability of a standard callout protocol, namely multivendor
interworking between data dispatchers and service processes.

I agree that multivendor internetworking is critical.  I just believe
that it should be achieved by agreeing on the "flow" protocols.  For
example, by building a language translator as an HTTP proxy.

MB
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.               distobj(_at_)acm(_dot_)org