RE: OPES protocol, pre-draft

2003-02-23 03:08:17

On 19:59 21/02/03, Alex Rousskov said:
On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, jfcm wrote:
<offtopic>blame your mail agent instead, for not auto-filling both TO and CC headers :-).
Sending at least one mail too much :-)

> 2.  there is a smarter, pipe oriented, low cpu load approach with
>      user interaction which corresponds to what I look for and which
>      is actually like a network operating system.

Perhaps it is just me, but I am still not quite sure what ONES is or
should be. Could you please give two very specific, real-world ONES
examples? Clearly, if there is a smarter, lower-load architecture we
should at least consider it!

You ask two things.

- technical considerations: discussion about SOAP/noSOAP,
  redirecting or not. ICAP.2 etc. One vision is continuity with
  existing solutions, the other is a new vision related to a
  global optimisation..

- applications examples:
  - SMTP/FTP etc. support not HTTP to start with
  - redirects with request of agreement by the user
  - redirects/duplication upon thrid party decision (ex. write tapping)
   and all the interactions ONES/user/hosts/third parties.
   whicha re not from what I understand part of OPES.
jfc