RE: OPES protocol, pre-draft

2003-02-21 11:59:30

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, jfcm wrote:

Sorry, I though I had sent back to Hillarie and the list - I hate
these no reply to the list - quite confusing to be forced to talk
privately on a public place.

<offtopic>Better to be forced to talk privately than publicly! But you
should not blame the mailing list organization -- blame your mail
agent instead, for not auto-filling both TO and CC headers :-).
</offtopic>

What I see from the mails is:

1. there is a clear understanding of what OPES are and how they
     could work in using SOAP, XML etc. CPU and line bandwidth
     consuming standard solutions. This is very interesting as it is
     a good consistent Internet response style with what is going
     around. It seems an exact, clear response to the IAB desire.

2. there is a smarter, pipe oriented, low cpu load approach with
     user interaction which corresponds to what I look for and which
     is actually like a network operating system.

Perhaps it is just me, but I am still not quite sure what ONES is or
should be. Could you please give two very specific, real-world ONES
examples? Clearly, if there is a smarter, lower-load architecture we
should at least consider it!

Thank you,