RE: OPES protocol, pre-draft 01

2003-02-26 01:44:40

At 17:57 25/02/03, Alex Rousskov wrote:
For now, it seems like we should add support for emergency (priority)
channels (additional transport connections) as an optional
optimization feature. I will make a corresponding proposal and will
try to generalize the idea so that an OPES server can instruct callout
server to give certain transport connections a priority, to support
QoS features (e.g., application messages from Gold Members should be
processed before all other application messages).

This is a good point. But I would prefer the following wording and concept used/

1. command pipe (absolute priority) as a pipe 0. Establish the relation with the service admin in my model. 2. this prevents the confusion of the mata data wording which includes both command and ancillary information. I would treat ancillary as standard transactions with the service admin subject to the general prioritization service if any.
jfc