Fwd: RE: OPES protocol, pre-draft 01

2003-02-26 01:44:35
A A typo of mine created some confusion. Sorry. Instead of this

Service User <-----> dispatcher <----> Service Organizer
                   /  ^      ^  \
Other user       /    |      |    \  Other users
                      v      v
                service <--> server  <----> service
controler     /provider      dispatcher     provider
external user / ^ /^
etc.. etc..                      |          /  |
                                 v        /    v
etc. / alarms,logs
                                      /     etc
                                    /
                 other ONES domains

Please read that.

                                       Supervisor or
Service User <-----> dispatcher <----> Service Organizer
                   /  ^      ^  \
Other user        /   |      |   \  Other users
                      v      v
                 service <--> dispatcher <----> service
controler      /provider       / ^              provider
external user / / | / ^
etc.. etc..                  /   v           /    |
                            /  service     /      v
dispatcher etc. / alarms,logs
                                       /     etc
                                     /
                  other ONES domains

The difference is about the wrong typing "server<br>dispatcher" confusing with "server dispatcher".

I tried to keep it denser and using "server dispatcher" was a wrong wording (server's dispatcher was intended but I thought "'s" was only for persons?). Anyway using "server" as a separate machine was wrong. Using "secondary dispatcher" (like in the DNS) would also be wrong.

This only wants to show that there are thres building blccks:

- dispatchers
- services
- ends

That services are actually made of a service adminstrator triggering the services. and that the ends may be of tree different natures :

- user : they call and get the service
- organiser : they organize their access/responses to use the ONES (used on the flow) - supervisor : they organize their responses as a permanent cooperative strategy.

This only shows that there is a simple (three building blocks, with limited number of building block types) but wich a lot more of interaction types than in the OPES draft model.

My only interest right now is that we understand clearly this way what is in the OPES area (in the charter of this group) and how it may benefit from ONES analysis (up to the WG to discuss issues over OPES charter). If we do not do that we risk to confuse?

jfc