Re: OPES protocol, pre-draft

2003-03-18 19:54:51

On 02:33 19/03/03, Markus Hofmann said:
jfcm wrote:
- has the callout server a dispatcher as a front end (the callout protocol performing between disptchers) or not (the callout protocol performing beteween a dispatcher and a remote server).

The callout protocol is used between an OPES processor (which includes a data dispatcher) and a callout server.

Dear Markus,
I do not ask what the present paper says (IMHO in a confusing way as something "which includes a data dispatcher" is not a precise definition). I defined a dispatcher as a box in a scheme and I question the way it should work. The same to discuss the callout server as a server called by the OPES processor is confusing since it does not defines the architecture of the server system. To discuss the protocol without defining precisely which functional block it relates seems premature? Looks like what we all do: starting with "int main (..." instead of buidling a diagram of what we want to develop.

- what does the dispatcher do with the part of the traffic it does not send to the server and it received?

Messages not being vecored out to a callout server are forwarded to their respective destinations. For example, an HTTP request would be forwarded towards the content provider (i.e. Web server), an HTTP response would be forwarded towards the content consumer (i.e. Web client)

Sorry for the Franglish. I meant "while it wait for the response" of the callout something for the following part. As a policy does it buffer the data, to wich extent, request hem to be resent?

jfc