Re: OPES protocol, pre-draft

2003-03-18 11:09:19

Alex Rousskov wrote:

A possible alternative is to have the default dependent on the
application protocol binding. I think many OCP defaults are best
determined by the application protocol, but I am worried that having
many application defaults would make the protocol difficult to analyze
without referring to a specific application binding. Opinions?

Please let's avoid having too many different application defaults and options - options always complicate the protocol and if there's no really strong, strong reason for them, let's try to avoid them. In this specific case, I'd assume it's perfectly fine to defne a general default.

Thanks,
  MArkus