RE: OCP transport nomination

2003-04-24 12:34:31

This looks pretty good.  The major performance issue is whether or not
the content message headers can be easily parsed without calling any
XML library.  The second issue is the same question for transaction
establishment.  The examples make it look quite easy.  It is imperative
that we be able to avoid calling XML libraries for these operations.

I'm not sure how much of an advantage BEEP's security mechanisms turn
out to be.  It doesn't seem to have any specific support for detailed
security policy, just closes out existing sessions, starts a TLS
connection, reopens the sessions on the new connection (might have
terminology confused here).

Hilarie