Re: OCP transport nomination

2003-04-25 11:31:49

Alex Rousskov wrote:

Do we expect the set of callout servers to change so rapidly that
server connections cannot be reused at the OPES processor? If yes, we
may have to support UDP-like OCP transport (and probably change a lot
of OCP requirements related to "OCP connections"). If no, then
transport connection setup time is not an issue and TCP-based OCP
transport should work as well (or better) as UDP-based one. I think
the latter is much closer to reality. Am I missing something important
here?

No, I don't think you're missing anything. You summarized very nicely what my understanding has been for a while. Since we expect to "re-use" estbalished TCP connections between OPES processor and callout server, the TCP connection establishment overhead is probably not of big importance.