RE: OCP transport nomination

2003-04-26 11:05:18

Small requests over TCP should be fine.  The only reason I can see for
supporting UDP is for RTP or some kinds of broadcast (if, for some
reason, the OPES processor would broadcast or anycast to groups of
callout servers).

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 at 14:53:32 +0200 jfcm penned:

 I just want to recall my "DNS support filter" (I want the final solution to
 be operational to support DNS.2 - DNS new generation- and DNS+ - exended
 services). They may not call on TCP and work on UDP.

 There are many OPES services which my consist of short information being
 changed, upgrated, obtianed, collected, etc. that UDP could support faster?
 jfc

Hilarie