Re: P followup...

2003-12-11 21:50:20

I do not think we can produce a _quality_ HTTP rules profile by
January. We can produce a draft, but it will not be ready for an IESG
review and PS status, IMO.

well, then we should just close up shop then.

charters and milestones exist for a lot of reasons. one reason is to focus the
wg to produce something tractable within finite time. there is a limit as to how
much latitude the iesg is willing to give a wg that overshoots its milestones.

so, we either start cutting stuff out to meet that deadline (which is still
slippage from the iesg perspective), or we declare victory and stop working...

/mtr