Re: P followup...

2003-12-09 10:10:59

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Markus Hofmann wrote:

Alex Rousskov wrote:

    1 Extend the above deadline. This is an admission
      that the WG failed to schedule a deadline
      correctly. This does not require AD/IESG review,
      only WG chair action (AFAIK). This might be
      blocked by an AD, but since we are delivering
      on other deadlines, I think our AD can be
      forgiving.

How long an extension would we need? Are we talking days/weeks/months?

IMO, this deadline extension discussion should be a part of the
rechartering discussion. As of now, it is not clear enough (to me)
what P-related activities are in the OPES WG future. Once we know what
we want to do with P, we can scope the P draft better, and decide on
the deadline.

If I have to guess now, I would say that we need weeks worth of
extension with 20% probability and months worth of extension with 80%
probability. Again, this will depend on future P work which we still
have to agree on.

Do we have to decide on this deadline before rechartering? If yes, can
we bump the deadline by some "large enough" number of months (say 6)
and then provide a more accurate milestone in the new charter?