Re: P-services interface in Strawman OPES Charter

2004-07-13 21:24:11

Alex Rousskov wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Markus Hofmann wrote:

Alex Rousskov wrote:

    - Defining an interface between rules language
      and service (at least OCP-speaking service)
      How to pass parameters to services? How to
      get the result of service application, including
      errors, back to the language/program?

I would consider passing of parameters and getting results back into
the language/program in scope. Any other thoughts?

I agree. Supporting just that in a general way is already difficult!

We are talking about any P program being able to pass any parameters
to any service in scope (e.g., any OCP-speaking or perhaps
WSDL-describable OPES service). How will P interpreter know what
parameters are available? Which parameters are optional? What are their
types?

<stripped>

Alex,
Won't that info be available while  "discovering a service" ie., your
(following) first addendum item  ?
- Defining how available services become known
          to the rules language interpreter? (At least
          OCP-speaking services)

regards
Geetha