Re: P-services interface in Strawman OPES Charter

2004-07-15 00:02:05

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Geetha Manjunath wrote:

How about supporting non-std interfaces as additional module?

For example (pl forget the syntax for now):
Services.invoke(serviceA,1,2);
// Invokes the std OCP service, serviceA  - OCP service supported by default.

import  ICAPService // A special module that supports invoke method on ICAP
services
ICAPService.invoke(serviceB);

Sure, that's the intended feature/beauty of P design! If we get the
abstraction level high enough, 3rd parties would be able to add all
sorts of modules doing all sorts of interesting things, while P
programmers will not even notice.

Do we agree that defining such additional modules or even defining an
interface to plug such additional modules into a P interpreter is
outside of our current scope?