One Party Consent Model

2004-07-14 11:49:00

jfcm wrote:

[I separated this response from the others and gave it a new subject, since I believe it's important]

Hm, you bring up a good point. For example, your asking who are the endpoints when I send an email to a mailing list, right? I've one source endpoint, but multiple destination endpoints. So it's not sufficient if only one of the endpoints authorizes a service.

Now, in case of this example, sending to the mailing list results basically in multiple transmissions to individuals, in which case we're back to a scenario with two endpoints.

No. For several reasons.

1. the mailing list the information is sent to is part of the information. That information cannot be modified without the agreement of the whole mailing list. If I send a mail to this list saying that you do not understand this point and I make an OPES to remove you from the list
    - I agree so it is OK by your criteria
    - you will not respond, so everyone will believe you do not object
- I send another mail agreeing but I make an OPES changing the from jfc in from markus (I can do it since I am one end). Everyone will understand that you have agreed not understanding this point
... and you will know nothing of this.

2. Again I am A, you are B and someone is C. An OPES changes B in C. C will be the receiving end. He has agreed to the change. Is that enough? May be if B gave authority to C, maybe not if B has not.

See your point, but the example you outline above violates the OPES tracing requirement, which says that Markus (or B in the generic example) must be able to trace the OPES service. I.e. I would be aware of the OPES service that removed me.

Now, I'm not yet sure how to achieve this and whether this is the full/correct answer...