Re: The 40-bit debate

1997-04-17 20:04:14
I vote that we never force a "MUST" with weak 40-bit crypto,
Let's not lead the naive to think it's "Secure".
We all know a brute-force attack against 40-bit
cipher can yield clear text in a short amount of time, so I
believe, we (the IETF community) has a moral obligation to
the millions of "unsuspecting" users AND we "MUST" have a
spec that protects their content, (as one would think a Secure
Product would...)

Charles Breed