Re: Attempt to clear off the open issues

1997-07-25 11:51:13
Laurence Lundblade wrote:
Also consider that protocols
like IMAP can't handle binary MIME (unless something changed recently).

I don't see how this is relevant.  These protocols don't dissect PKCS
objects either.

That of course means we must change the default CTE to 7-bit (section
3.1.2), which of course means if there is no CTE header, the 7-bit should
be assumed.

Aigh, I hadn't seen that sentence.  Please don't create a gratuitous
variant of MIME.  If the data doesn't conform to the 7-bit or 8-bit data
requirements, put a "c-t-e: binary" header on it.