RE: Attempt to clear off the open issues

1997-07-25 09:10:33
At 11:41 PM -0400 7/24/97, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:
Receiving agents must expect unknown values for the micalg value and handle
them gracefully, hopefully by falling back to their two-pass checker that
relies on the inside algorithm identifier.

Not quite.  RFC1847 requires that when the micalg parameter does not match
an interior identifier it MUST be treated as an error.

I think we should go to MUST, particularly since it is mandated by 1847.

Yes.

Jim

James M. Galvin
galvin(_at_)commerce(_dot_)net
CommerceNet                                                  +1 410.203.2707
3209A Corporate Court                                    FAX +1 410.203.2709
Ellicott City, MD 21042                             http://www.commerce.net/