Re: Attempt to clear off the open issues

1997-07-25 18:44:11
micalg is required by rfc 1847. I think it should be required by S/MIME
can't think of any reason not to include it.  The excellent reason for
requiring it is that it allows implementors to count on it and thus
simplifies their work.

A show of hands -- who is using it for one-pass processing in S/MIME?

Count our hand raised!

And mine as well. Note that I don't implement S/MIME myself, what I do
implement is hooks that allow callouts after I've done the calculation to
actually verify the signature. And I depend on micalg to do all this in a
single pass.