Re: Attempt to clear off the open issues

1997-07-25 18:44:11
micalg is required by rfc 1847. I think it should be required by S/MIME
and
can't think of any reason not to include it.  The excellent reason for
requiring it is that it allows implementors to count on it and thus
simplifies their work.

A show of hands -- who is using it for one-pass processing in S/MIME?

Count our hand raised!

And mine as well. Note that I don't implement S/MIME myself, what I do
implement is hooks that allow callouts after I've done the calculation to
actually verify the signature. And I depend on micalg to do all this in a
single pass.

                                Ned