Re: PKCS #9 Internet Draft??

1997-11-07 16:26:30
At 04:24 PM 11/7/97 -0500, John Pawling wrote:
When you say "The latter is our only choice", I assume that you mean that
the ASN.1 syntaxes and accompanying text for the ContentType, SigningTime,
CounterSignature, and MessageDigest attributes will be added to either the
ESS or CMS documents.  Am I correctly interpreting your statement?

Almost. We can define them in the documents, or in the registry. I'm
certainly open to either. Our decision to start the OIDs registry was so
that the arcs would be defined in one place. Since the above attributes
already have definitions, it's fine to put them in the documents, I believe.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium